Thursday 29 March 2012

Screens and Shrines...

So over on the UKScrappers swaps forum, I was partnered with Rebecca, to create a matchbox shrine on the theme Things With Wings.  This went through my head as 'things that fly' - and I chose birds, butterflies, and time.  I tried my best to make this personal to Rebecca, and  I hope she likes it:


Also, I got drawn into chat in the Screen Swap running alongside it, and - before I knew it - I was in on that one too!  Again, with Rebecca, again on that theme... ,This time I used lyrics from one of my favourite songs.  So, again, I hope that she likes this my efforts:

Here are some close-ups of my 'mechanical' winged wonders:

Both of these items went through several incarnations - the first shrine and screen were Stampotique bats that didn't work... The second shrine had all sorts of things going on, until I realised that nobody made the other item I wanted... The second screen had mesh panels in the centre but kept collapsing...
But I'm still proud of how these final versions turned out - even if it was hte most severe case of leaky elbow I've ever had...!
Thanks for looking,
Leanne x

6 comments:

Sarah said...

oooh purty - especially the screen thingummy

what's "leaky elbow"???

Karen said...

Beautiful ... both of them :)

Sarah - when the ideas in your head don't make it to your hands!! (they leak out of your elbow lol )

Suzy said...

Both stunning Leanie

Suzy said...

Both stunning Leanie

Suzy said...

Both stunning Leanie

BEX said...

I have them both on my mantlepiece and I have to say they are even better in real life. They are beautiful little works of art and they're all mine! Thank you so much.